- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Bury St Edmunds
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
When you join British Sugar, you can expect a competitive starting salary of £23,877, which is reviewed annually. Additionally, you'll enjoy the benefit of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays. At British Sugar, we prioritise rewarding our employees for their dedication and contributions, ensuring a supportive and fulfilling work environment.
As a Mechanical Engineering Apprentice you'll learn a broad range of mechanical areas including pumps, gearboxes, pipework, bearings as well as learning some electrical biased subjects such as, valves, actuators, isolation and high voltage distribution.
A 42-month programme, following the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Standard, achieving a Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering qualification and all the practical experience alongside to be ready to move into a Mechanical Technician role.
During your scheme, you will be working from our Bury St Edmunds factory site, 5-days a week, Monday-Friday, 8 hours each day and attending college 1 day per week. When you move into a Mechanical Technician role you may then need to work a 12-hour shift pattern of 4 days at work and then 4 days not at work. This includes working some weekends and bank holidays.
The scheme gives you the opportunity to:
- Gain a solid knowledge of maintenance and operational practices, processes and procedures covering a range of plant and equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering theories and principles.
- Understand the systems and procedures to work safely and efficiently.
- Develop behavioural skills to be a great team member.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on firstname.lastname@example.org (Ref ID: 246477)
Company website : https://careers.britishsugar.co.uk/apprenticeships/
What will you need?
- Be aged 16 and over
- Be living and eligible to work in the UK
- To be able to travel to attend college 1 day a week
- Live our values of staying safe, drive to action, working together, respecting each other and being open and flexible
- Have achieved or predicted a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Level 4/C which must include Maths, English and a Science
British Sugar is committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive, within a culture of inclusion; a culture that empowers and respects everyone.