We invest a huge amount of time in developing and supporting our apprentices because we recognise just how important you are for the future success of HMGCC. And once you join us, you’ll see what an amazing career you could have with us – over 80% of our apprentices still work for our organisation since they started nearly ten years ago. Why? Because we value our staff and help you to develop your potential in order to get the career you want: this could include further training, online learning or secondments internally and across Government to try something new or even a little bit different!
What you’ll learn:
Apart from the chance to learn a profession, gain real life work experience and earn money, you will gain several qualifications. These are:
- Apprenticeship Standard: On completing your end point assessment, you will gain a nationally recognised apprenticeship which is based on knowledge (the theory), skills (on the job competency) and behaviours (attitude, team working, communication, influencing etc).
- Accredited qualifications: Depending on your programme, you will complete assignments and tests leading to accredited qualifications. These might include vendor specific or professional qualifications.
- Personal development: In addition to your employment-specific training, you will gain skills and experience that will help you to develop as an individual. These include, for example: outward bound team build (1 week residential away); courses on time management, presenting skills, creative thinking and many more.
You’ll have a blend of classroom training, online learning, mentored work placements and projects. Each programme is specifically tailored to get the most out of your learning and practical sessions.
Your on-the-job training will be based in our high-tech facilities in Milton Keynes and your classroom training will take place at a nearby college.
Who's involved in your training?
- Your college learning coordinator: As well as your classroom tutors, the college will assign a dedicated learning coordinator to both you and your employer throughout the apprenticeship programme. They will:
- Explain the learning systems and assessment process to you
- Identify any additional training or skills needs
- Set tasks and activities to support your progress
- Help you to develop your portfolio of evidence and prepare for the end point assessment
- Conduct regular progress reviews with you and us to keep all parties up to date on your progress.
- Your line manager / task supervisor / mentor: These are the people who will supervise your work, support your workplace learning & development and offer guidance to help you achieve your apprenticeship.
- Workplace apprenticeship team: These are the people who will ensure the quality of your training at college, and support your line manager, task supervisors and mentors regarding apprenticeship compliance and assurance.
Your apprenticeship includes:
- Training to support the creation of one-off, cutting-edge products
- Learning from the most inventive experts around
- Working in an impressive, hi-tech facility
- Being part of a well-supported team, with other apprentices who will share your experience.
Why should you choose an apprenticeship with us?
- We’ll cover all your tuition and training fees
- You’ll receive a starting salary £18,709, which increases each year (subject to you successfully passing the year)
- And you’ll also get the same brilliant benefits that everyone who works here does, which includes gym access, bikes for work scheme and a balcony café. Look through our benefits to find out more
- We listen to what you're thinking, and show you how the work we do is beyond anything you've seen or heard of before.