We are looking for a Support Assistant to join our friendly team. The successful candidate will support our Members who have a learning disability in a broad range of subjects including horticulture, arts and crafts, cooking/catering, environmental education, sports, retail, life skills and maintaining links in the community. You will be making a difference in their lives. Every day is different and rewarding.
- Responsibility for planning and delivery of Member sessions in a broad range of subjects including Horticulture, arts and crafts, cooking/catering, environmental education, sports, retail, life skills and maintaining links in the community.
- Supporting our Members to think about their health and wellbeing, including nutrition, encouraging them to make healthy choices and remain hydrated.
- Support the personal care needs of Members as necessary.
- Always maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Contribute to the promotion of the organisation and high standards of interaction with customers, supporting the growth of income and development of the organisation
- Encourage the involvement of volunteers in members session, providing support and guidance to them make the maximum contribution to the sessions safely and appropriately.
- Adhere to organisational financial policies and procedures including the safe handling of cash, and authorisation of expenditure.
- Evaluate sessions and Member achievement of targets ensuring we can measure impact of services for Members.
Operations Performance and Risk Management
- Adhere to organisational Safeguarding procedures reporting any concerns in line with the procedures.
- Adhere to all other organisational policies and procedures including all Health and Safety policies and procedures including the care and maintenance of tools and equipment, reporting any faults or health and safety concerns.
- Support and enable members, according to their support plans, developmental goals, risk assessments and needs.
- Plan sessions ahead so that any materials or resources are ordered in advance to be available when needed
- Take on additional responsibilities identified by the senior leadership team.
- To carry out the role in accordance with the law, the policies on equality of opportunity and collective responsibility and the organisational values of Kindness, Individuality and Excellence.
- To participate in some weekend work at the Walled Garden and occasional evenings for events as and when required.
The above tasks are indicative of the role to be carried out. They may change from time to time in consultation with the post holder and in line with service need.
At Ripon Community Link you will be working towards a Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Qualification over the course of 15 months.