- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Now Taking Applications
Education & Training
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
- Apprenticeship Standard
Teaching assistant (ST0454)
St Luke's Catholic Primary School
St Luke's Primary Catholic School works to develop, maintain and strengthen relationships between the school, church and home community in the spirit of love, peace and justice.
They are looking for an Apprentice Teaching Assistant with an interest in sports or music to work with their teaching team and study towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, as well as support extracurricular clubs in either sports or music.
Teaching assistants play a crucial role in assisting the class teacher, working with groups of children or individuals supporting their learning and well-being to access the curriculum and grow and develop.
Please find below the duties and expectations of a teaching assistant apprentice:
- Support the class teacher in the observation, recording and reporting of children’s learning and development within the relevant curriculum areas
- Prepare resources and supervise learning activities with individual and groups of children to enhance their development
- Embed effective behaviour management in line with the schools policies and procedures
- Support children who have additional needs including those with special education needs and emotional vulnerabilities
- Share information with relevant people to ensure children are kept safe and well
- Work closely with the school team, outside agencies, parents and carers to ensure consistency and build meaningful relationships
- Use technology to support children’s learning
- Take an active part in the completion of their apprenticeship, meeting deadlines set by their trainer assessor and working with the dedicated mentor to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Model good behaviour for learning
Your trainer assessor will meet with you regularly to provide teaching, learning and feedback from assessments completed. To support your progress you will be required to complete a reflective journal of the learning you have undertaken and discuss this with your trainer assessor.
For more information about this vacancy please contact Realise on 0333 444 3973 (Ref ID: 242528)
Company website : https://stluke.knowsley.sch.uk/
- ICT skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to communicate
- An interest in sport or music
Education to GCSE level with Maths and English at Grades A* - C or equivalent - desirable
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. St Luke's will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to up-skill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will be working towards the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (by exception)
This will be delivered through St Luke’s dedicated training provider, Realise.
Realise is an established training provider that’s enjoying an exciting period of growth following a management buyout and rebrand in late 2020
- The ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to be empathetic to the different needs and experiences of children and families
- Ability to communicate sensitively and respectfully.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to meet the changing needs of the school/pupils as they arise.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and inclusion.
- Sense of humour.
- Wider interests outside of school that can be used to enrich school life - sport and music
Potential full time role for upon successful completion of your apprenticeship