The main purpose of a retailer is to assist customers when they purchase products, which requires a good understanding of the stock being sold, the variety of ways customers can shop and the ability to process payments, for example, using a till.
Retailers must be passionate about delivering a quality service that always aims to exceed customers’ expectations. Therefore, retailers enjoy direct contact with a wide range of people and are motivated by completing a sale and knowing a customer is happy with their purchase.By learning on the job, working independently, and shadowing colleagues, you will develop significant skills and increased confidence within a retail environment.
Your duties as a retail apprentice will include:
- Positively interact with customers, using business relevant methods to support and increase sales by providing useful information and service
- Assisting with customer queries, orders, and returned goods
- Establish a good rapport with customers, serve them in line with brand standards and promote the values of the business in all work activities
- Help match products to customers’ needs and increase the amount they spend for example through the sale of associated products and services
- Maintain appropriate levels of the right stock to meet customer demand, ensure it is kept in the correct condition (for example correct temperature, environment, packaging), and minimise stock loss through accurate administration, minimising wastage and theft
- Support team members to ensure that the services provided are of a high quality, delivered on time and as required.
You will be contracted 30 hours/week and paid a wage. We are also able to offer you up to 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), 25% staff discount, profit share schemes, competitive pay rates, long service awards, 1st class training and good promotion prospects.