- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Intermediate Level 2
Melksham Motor Spares
· To put stock away in the correct location, ensuring it is displayed accurately and safely.
· To pick invoices and arrange items on the correct shelf for delivery.
· To support the Goods- In team when required.
· To carry goods safely using the correct manual handling techniques.
· To keep up to date with all business policies and procedures in order to maintain a safe and positive working environment.
Working hours –Monday -Friday 8am-5pm (1 hour for lunch) Total 40 hours a week
For more information about this vacancy please contact Remit Group on 0115 975 9550 (Ref ID: 141950)
No qualifications required - We welcome applications from candidates with a strong work-ethic and a keen desire to learn
As a Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprentice, you will be working with the Logistics Manager on a daily basis who will mentor you throughout your programme, with support from the Head of Company Operations. They will support you to understand the parts supplied by Melksham Motor Spares and how these are safely stored and picked. You will receive manual handling training as well as other in- house training to help you carry out your job safely and efficiently. You will understand the safe systems of work that are in place in a busy working warehouse and learn how to use the equipment that is necessary to carry out your role. You will also develop your interpersonal skills with support from the Logistics Manager, as you will be required to communicate with the Logistics teams across both branches, as well as the sales team.
Skills you will learn during your apprenticeship:
- Knowledge of parts supplied by Melksham Motor Spares and across the automotive industry.
- Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office and automotive bespoke systems.
- An understanding of the importance of customer service as you pick products to customer deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills in a variety of situations.
- A good understanding of the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace.
- How to use a variety of warehouse equipment.