- GMFJ Reference
30.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Catering & Hospitality
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
Black Bull Hotel - York
Description of Opportunity
You already know Mitchells & Butlers, even if you don't realise it! That's because we run many of the UK's most famous restaurant and pub brands, including: All Bar One, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns, Harvester, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, Crown Carveries, Castle, Nicholson's, Premium Country Dining Group, O'Neill's, Alex, Village Pub & Kitchen, Miller & Carter, Browns, Innkeeper's Lodge, Orchid Pubs and The Oak Tree.
Previous experience in hospitality is desirable however applicants with previous supervisory experience in different sectors will also be considered.
Excellent Benefits include 33% off in ALL our businesses for you and up to 5 friends!
Shift Supervisor role:
- In the absence of the General Manager or Assistant Manager, lead the business
- Training and development of the team
- Stock control and ordering
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness
- Adhere to safety and hygiene regulations at all times
- Staff scheduling
What we look for in a Shift Supervisor:
- To train and develop the team
- Taking PRIDE in maintaining highest standards of cleanliness and safety
- Great team-player
- Enjoys and wants to be an active member of a team
- To work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Engage with the wider front of house team
- Great eye for detail
- Committed to completing your apprenticeship
- Ability to confidently lead the team
What we can offer you:
As part of this opportunity you will work towards your hospitality supervisor level 3 apprenticeship with a choice of pathway (Bar or food and beverage) OR your team leader level 2 apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered within the work place and you will receive ongoing support and training to maximise your development within our business.
We can offer you a personalised induction based on your current skills and knowledge, then set you some tailored goals within our S.T.A.R. development programme. This will help you progress to the next level, and beyond. Besides this you will have the opportunity to develop your career to some of our other excellent brands in Mitchells & Butlers.
- 33% off in ALL our businesses for you and up to 5 friends
- Tailored industry training
- Option to opt in for some of our share schemes (e.g. Free Shares Plan)
- Shopping discounts with many UK leading retailers
- Discounts on shoes for work
- Flexible shifts
- Up to 28 days holiday
- Chance to earn extra money with our Referral Scheme
Oh, and you'll have a whole heap of fun!
For more information about this vacancy please contact Lifetime Training on 0333 0143 669 (Ref ID: 154791)
Previous Hospitality experience, Team Leading Advantageous
No Qualifications required!
Hospitality Team Member Level 2 - Food and Beverage Service
Functional Skills in Maths and English
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect drink, and our teams are no different. You'll...
-Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
-Have a great eye for detail
-Always give great service
-Be a fun-loving, social, team player
Ongoing support and development