- GMFJ Reference
37.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
We're looking for Street Lighting apprentices to join our Highways Lighting team as part of our UK Solutions business.Here's what you'll be doing
Role - Apprentice - Street Lighting Installation & Maintenance
Location - Derby
Units 8 - 10 Gosforth Road
When you join E.ON as an apprentice on our four-year Street Lighting Installation and Maintenance scheme, you can look forward to a bright future. With an E.ON apprenticeship you will get the best of both worlds – an opportunity to gain valuable work experience and earn a competitive salary without missing out on the chance to study (debt-free) for useful qualifications.
You’ll finish the apprenticeship with qualifications in highways electrical systems and electrical power engineering as well as a level 3 NVQ in street lighting – and the chance to apply for a permanent role with us. This is a real path to a valuable career for people with the right qualities – in fact, the head of our street lighting department is just one of the people who started out as an E.ON apprentice.
As an Apprentice I want to gain valuable skills and experience
You’ll do that by working from your local depot. You’ll spend most of your time out and about, learning about all technical aspects of street lighting and its upkeep. You will also attend college to gain your formal qualifications and training courses will be provided to learn trade skills such as plant operation and live electrical connections to the distribution network. Learning from experienced professionals and mentors you’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of street lighting as a whole and valuable experience with a major energy solutions company.What we need from you
Here’s what you need to know
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science.
- A real interest in engineering shown by your relevant work placements, studies, hobbies or projects.
- Our market-leading benefits package includes 26 days holiday + bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, life cover, bonus and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits with tax and/or NI savings. In fact, our benefits package recently won the Personnel Today Reward, Recognition and Benefits Award 2022! As the only energy company to feature in The Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers (our 2022/23 ranking is 15th) we’ve proven that we’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
- As a Disability Confident Employer we interview every disabled applicant who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
- We’ve exciting opportunities for everyone to develop their talent at E.ON. Our open access, inclusive talent networks provide networking, learning and development for all, building your skills, qualifications, and capabilities throughout your career.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW
For more information about this vacancy please contact Energy & Utility Skills on +441217138264 (Ref ID: 242968)