- GMFJ Reference
36.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
- Approx. Duration
Bury St Edmunds
Now Taking Applications
- Opportunity Type
Advanced Level 3
When you join British Sugar, you can expect a competitive starting salary of £21,489, which is reviewed annually. Additionally, you'll enjoy the benefit of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays. At British Sugar, we prioritise rewarding our employees for their dedication and contributions, ensuring a supportive and fulfilling work environment.
A 36-month programme, following the Supply Chain Practitioner standard, achieving a Level 3 Supply Chain Qualification and all the practical experience alongside, to be working in a Logistics and Transport role from day 1.
The role is across two main operating periods – spending time in preparing tendering and contract negotiations with our haulage suppliers and then an active period of managing the live contracts to ensure sugar beet delivery during our operating periods of September to March.
Based at our Offices at Bury St Edmunds, working 36-hours each week, Monday-Friday and attending college 1 day per week or on block release.
The scheme will give the opportunity to:
- Create and execute transport plans and transport and haulage contracts.
- Work first hand with sugar beet suppliers and transport and haulage providers.
- Active involvement in creating positive supplier relationships.
- Produce Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage administration, reports and supplier questions and actively identifying and reviewing improvement opportunities.
- Involved in successfully delivering our haulage service projects.
- Use Information technology (IT) systems for the supply chain: Excel, material requirements planning (MRP) systems and business planning systems.
- Develop behavioural skills to be a great team member.
For more information about this vacancy please contact GetMyFirstJob Recruitment on email@example.com (Ref ID: 246306)
Company website : https://careers.britishsugar.co.uk/apprenticeships/
What will you need?
- Be aged 16 and over
- Be living and eligible to work in the UK
- You will need to travel to locations that are not accessible on public transport and to attend college on day or block release
- Live our values of staying safe, drive to action, working together, respecting each other and being open and flexible
- Have achieved or predicted a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Level 4/C which must include Maths, English and a Science
British Sugar is committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive, within a culture of inclusion; a culture that empowers and respects everyone.