Are you interested in working with animals? Would you like to work for a local veterinary practice? If so, this apprenticeship position is for you!
This client is a local veterinary practice based in Greenock, they are looking to expand their team and would love for an apprentice to join them! They were first established over a century ago and have been serving the agricultural, equine and pet owning communities of Renfrewshire, Inverclyde and North Ayrshire ever since. They serve all animals locally, whatever their healthcare need.
All you need to succeed is motivation and enthusiasm. Your apprenticeship training will be provided by QA – Scotland’s leading trainer in technical and digital apprenticeships, and you will get all the on-the-job experience and support you need.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to gain experience in a small practice and develop their career. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will become a super user for Robovet, the centralised software which is at the heart of all client data, prescriptions and bookings. This also mean you would be the main point of contact for all clients, updating them on their pets, and working alongside experienced colleagues to grow and develop your skills. This is an entry-level role but a pivotal one, as you can grow as the business ds!
- Working in a helpdesk capacity to support the practice, as the first point of contact for client enquiries
- Logging progress of animals on Robovet, reviewing appointments and reporting back on them to the relevant parties
- Exporting reports into Excel using data collected from a Robovet
- Dealing with prescription management using logs created from Robovet
- Uploading relevant documentation to the cloud to ensure all patient files remain accurate
- Working collaboratively across teams to manage client expectations and animal progress
- Some knowledge of Office 365, Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail and multitasking
- Good relationship building skills
- Professional manner
- Passion for customer service
- Can read a situation and be sympathetic when the situation demands it
- Administration experience and strong computer skills would be advantageous
- Lots of job satisfaction when working with animals
- 30 days holiday per year
- Staff discount scheme
- Health Shield - well-being and discount provided
£9,932 per annum
25.5 hours per week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday with one in four Saturdays 8.30 - 3pm. Shifts vary from 8am to 5pm, 9am - 6pm or 10am - 7pm.
Potential to grow into a full time role on completion of apprenticeship depending on candidate and availability.
This vocational apprenticeship comprehensively supports your specific job role with this particular employer. Throughout your learning journey, you are fully supported by your dedicated QA skills coach and your mentor at work. They ensure you settle in, help you develop all the skills you need to be successful in your job role and pass your assessments, and can provide one to one support.
Starting with insights into your current potential, they plan your growth in a programmatic way, close skills gaps with immersive training and ensure what you learn is applicable to what you do. They talk you through the specifics on the qualifications you gain and how they align in particular to your day to day role.
On completion, as well as the valuable work experience you have gained, you get a nationally recognised qualification at SCQF Level 6.
If you are interested in starting your career and receiving a work based qualification at the same time APPLY NOW!