- GMFJ Reference
40.00 per week
- Date Posted
- Start Date
Now Taking Applications
Materials Planning & Logistics
- Employment Type
Higher Level 4
Amazon UK Services Ltd
Description of Opportunity
Who you will be working for?
Amazon are the world’s largest retailer, with one of the most immediately recognisable brand names on the market and a ubiquity with e-commerce. They have 689 apprentices currently on-programme and growing, a testament to the investment they put into their people.
What you will be doing?
The purpose of this role is to assist the Softlines Private Brands Brand Management (aka Buying) team in identifying, developing, buying and launching Private Brand products that our global customers will love. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a number of different brands and product categories, working with our team of Brand Managers. This is a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice looking to get a holistic view of the process of building fashion brands.
What skills will you develop?
- Communication skills
- Taking High Levels of Responsibility
- Organisation skills
- Working Independently
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Critical Path Management
- Working with Designers and Suppliers
- Using Excel to track the dev process.
- Liaising with vendors
- Working with PR and Marketing teams
For more information about this vacancy please contact Solvo Vir on 0330 053 9140 (Ref ID: 108033)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A general understanding of the fashion e-commerce environment
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Passion for fashion and basic understanding of fashion buying
- Flexible and willing to learn quickly
Level 4 Buying and Merchandising Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be supported by a local Solvo Vir Trainer/Assessor. This will be delivered through full day workshops which are delivered in London. This is also supported by remote webinars and bi-monthly progress reviews.
- GCSEs at grades B/6 or above (or equivalent) in English and maths
- 3 A-Levels (or equivalent)
Amazon employees are encouraged to enter different roles, take on new challenges and learn new skills. Our internal transfer opportunities and expanding career development programs help employees build their career on successful completion of the apprenticeship.